Friday, September 12, 2008

June 16th

JUNE 16th:

"Ni hao" from Taiwan. I have arrived here a couple of weeks ago. I really had to get used to the temperature when I arrived, because it's hot, sunny, and humid in Taiwan. I needed a couple of days to adjust myself to this humid weather.

I'm having a great time here, together with my host Andrea and her daughter Amber. They are showing me around all the time, but often forget to bring their camera....so silly! At night I usually sleep in Amber's bed, far away from the 2 cats which are also walking around in the house.

So far we have been on 1 big trip. We took the highspeed train from Taoyuan to Taichung. Taichung is a city in central Taiwan. Usually it takes 2-3 hours to get there, but it only took 25 minutes by HST, unbelievable!!!
Here were are at the station in Taoyuan

It was time to get on the train

After 25 minutes we arrived in Taichung

Unfortunately it was raining all day long, so we didn't get a change to go sight-seeing. Instead we spent a lot of time in department stores and restaurants

This is the first update from Taiwan. Mommy…I miss you, but don't worry too much about me. I am having a great time here J

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home