Saturday, November 10, 2007

Disney land 2nd installment

Hi Mum,

Back from dinner & I'm stuffed!

Disneyland had a display about "Dia de los Muertos" or also known as "Day of the Dead". It is celebrated on All Saints Day (Nov 1) & All Souls Day (Nov 2). People that celebrate this holiday believe that death is not the end of our connection with others & that love goes beyond the grave. This is the type of display people that celebrate "Day of the Dead" would traditionally create in honor of their loved ones. It is full of bright colors because it is considered to be a happy celebration

We went to Toontown in Disneyland for 2 reasons. One was to mail a postcard to my family in New Zealand. Here I am with the card & mailbox in Toontown. Mary had to stop a kid from opening the mailbox & putting the card AND me inside of it! She was successful & I managed to stay OUT of the mailbox. Did you get my card yet?


The OTHER reason we went to Toontown was to see Mickey Mouse! We got to see him, take pictures with him & explore his home. He lives next door to Minnie.

When we toured Minnies house I saw this in the kitchen. I thought Minnie had left a snack out just for me, until I sat at the table. Mary had to read the note to me. It said, "Please try my special "diet" cookies! Humorously Yours, Minnie". Diet cookies? Mum what are those? I was HUUUNGRY! There was no tea either! I sure hope she feeds Mickey better than she fed me.

All in all, I had a great time at Disneyland. If I couldn't go on a ride, I was on Mary's shoulder in her backpack. I got to see many characters, go on lots of rides & usually I was riding around on top of the stroller. They used special plastic links to keep track of me when I was riding on the stroller so I wouldn't get lost.

Did you notice that I am not wearing my necklace in the pictures? Well, we left it at the house so it wouldn't get lost or broken. I am wearing it with pride right now.

Tomorrow I will tell you about how I got to see giant dinosaurs at Cabazon. I even got to sit in ones mouth! I will also show you some pictures of me on Hollywood Blvd.

For now, it is time for bed.

XOXOXOXOXOX

Kiwi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home