Thursday, June 29, 2006

Greetings from Greifswald in Germany!

I finally arrived at my first destination and I can tell you it's great finally seeing the summer again!I arrived late on Tuesday at my host Sileas house. In the picture you can see me at the door.


Gosh, it was hard just to reach the doorbell, but her postie helped me - I suppose he already knows her after all those postcards she keeps receiving. She has a full door covered with them, and I'm sure I spotted a few from New Zealand there as well. One even had a fellow Kiwi on it! Still, I'm not homesick yet. It was a great relief to have arrived safely and not got lost somewhere on the way.
Understandably I was really tired after that long journey, so Sileas put me to bed in her own newly made bed. Very comfy! I slept like a rock for a whole day and also when she had to go to uni very early on the next morning.






In the afternoon I met her friend Arthur, with whom I get on really well and we already became friends. He is such a nice monster! I'm looking forward to what the next days will bring. She already promised a guided tour, a music concert and some football.

Can't wait!Auf Wiedersehen and Tschüss

(see, I already learned my first German words)

Kiwi

4 Comments:

Blogger Alette said...

AAHHHH this is so great, so nice to read how Kiwi is doing. Can't wait to get him here and show him around. Such a sweetie :)

Alette

9:07 AM  
Blogger Moonwillow said...

Hi Kiwi, Glad that you made it safe and sound! I hit the "Blog This" button so more people could maybe visit and read of your adventures. Hope it works. I can't wait to meet you in person!

8:54 PM  
Blogger sonia said...

This is such a great idea. It's so fun to know where Kiwi is going. I wonder if he wants to make a quick stop in Lisbon, before going to the US? :)

6:49 AM  
Blogger Christine said...

hi everyone. I so love reading your comments on Kiwi's posts.
Sonia, I am sure Kiwi would LOVE to also visit your country!

1:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home